Friday, May 23, 2014

Rush Limbaugh implant update

Talk show host Rush Limbaugh
We told you earlier this month about talk show host Rush Limbaugh getting a new cochlear implant. You can read that story here. This week, during his radio show, Limbaugh explained how he's adapting to the new device. He says:
I want to pass off a somewhat funny but instructive little cochlear implant story, because that's why I'm here. I had to come out for another tune-up of the new implant I got on the right side. I had the appointment yesterday after the program. Yesterday I had come across on a website a five-minute video that purported to help people understand how those of us with cochlear implants hear things. I took the video to my appointment and I played it for my audiologist.
Find out what happened next in the transcript here.